Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Husband

(Posted by Missy)

In tribute to our first anniversary, I'm taking Jamie's invite:


What is his name? Samuel Baugh Hislop, Sr. (no, I'm not announcing anything)
How long have you been married? 1 year, yay! oh and a few days :)
How long did you date? from our first date until the day we got married, 8 months.
How old is he? 23
Who eats more? Sammy eats his entire plate, the rest of mine that I didn't finish and then licks his plate clean.
Who said I love you first? He did.
Who is smarter? I know more random crap, if thats what you mean (Just ask me about the history of "giving-the-bird", or Charlemagne) But he is smarter spiritually.
Whose temper is worse? me. Sammy is amazingly patient, they don't call charity long-suffering for nothing.
Who does the laundry? I do mostly, now that I have Saturdays free.
Who folds the laundry? I usually do. I'm a little OCD about folding clothes.
Who does the dishes? Whoever has the motivation, its me only if someone is coming over...
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do right now, we switch sometimes.
Who pays the bills? I do, but with his money.
Who cooks dinner? We take turns. He is the better impromptu cook, i'm better w/ a recipe.
Who drives when you are together? Sammy
Who is more stubborn? Depends what it is on, but mostly me.
Who proposed? Sammy, on my birthday.
Who has more friends? Me, I guess, but people like him better than me, go figure.
Who has more syblings? Sammy, but only by one.
Who wears the pants in the family? We both do, except on Sundays for 3 hours. I have the power over grocery decisions and Sammy over all the other purchases.
Where did we meet? Singles ward, mission-prep class. He was the teacher and I thought I was going on a mission. Life is funny isn't it.
When was our first kiss? August 30th, 3 months after we started dating, sigh.
When did I know he liked me? When he kept sending me text messages with cheesy jokes.
When did I know I liked him? When I used 800 more text messages than I could afford and had to switch to unlimited.
Where do I see us in 15 years? trying to survive pre-teenagers (no, I'm not announcing anything).
Best thing he has ever given me? My sparkly ring, and himself.
Best personality trait? His patience and mad basketball skills.
Best feature? His laugh, eyes, and lips.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sammy has no basketball skills:). just kidding. i meant I have no basketball skills. i will still pay top dollar if anybody has a picture of sammy directing traffic in his undies with his cowboy hat and gun & holsters.

Austin and Abrielle said...

Hey guys!
I'm glad i tracked your blog down how cool! Happy anniversary, also did you get your suprise?!

Rachel said...

Missy, that is really fun. I like reading stuff like that and getting to know you guys better. Happy Anniversary!

Austin and Abrielle said...

hey dude we're cousins you should know my name is spelled ABRIELLE silly goose.

Austin and Abrielle said...

hey your sister is on our blog! check it out. ha ha ha