
So my family has a tradition of making everyone guess the day, time, weight and height of pending grandchildren, at least for those who weren't a month or more early, and the person with the closest guess, mostly determined by the date guessed, wins a shake provided by Grandma and Grandpa. Sammy thinks we should get shakes anyway for having the baby. I agree, but we put in our 'guesses' (I won't say bets, to keep this Mormon-kosher) anyway.
The SweepShakes, as we like to call them, were collected about July 5 when several of us were at mom's for Sunday dinner. The day before that I had paniced I was in labor, and subsequently chose the 13th of July as my guess for Lucy's birthday. It seemed like a good day and I thought rather reasonable at the time. Obviously, I was wrong as the 13th has come and gone. I may still win considering no one chose the 14th... Sammy chose the 28th, our due date and his birthday. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Luckily, there are two more baby girls on the way for our family in August and September so I've got two more chances to win, if I loose this one.
1 comment:
he he.. Sorry you have to wait until the 30 because that's when the baby's coming and so I'll win and get to see the baby!
Post a Comment