Friday, April 20, 2012

Tulips

Last fall I remembered something I've always wanted to do.

Because of one reason or another this is the first time I've attempted planting bulbs in the fall for a spring bloom and I am loving them.


Since I was unsure of how my little plot of soil in front of my window would do, I only bought 12 bulbs, but they grew so tall and pretty I am pleasantly surprised at the size of them and how long they've lasted.


Lucy: "Oh, our flowers. They are so pritty!"


My little helper is a big encourager, even if she won't touch the dirt herself.


I do have one little straggler. Hopefully he'll catch up before his sisters fade but if not I have a little vase on my table that he'd look quite lovely in.

4 comments:

Than & Lina said...

I always forget to plant my tulips - at least at the right time. Just moments ago I actually wrote "plant tulips and daffodils" in my planner in October. Ha ha.

Rachel said...

Beautiful! They look awesome.

Sister Ginger Cannon said...

Way to go Missy. They look healthy and happy and springy!

AJ and Cindy said...

so pretty! you are so good at keeping up your plants :)