Children have blessed our lives in eternal ways, pulling us outside ourselves to focus on their ever-present needs. Parenting has truly been a bitter and sweet experience — and that's a good thing. The many late nights, loud screams, dirty diapers, bonked heads and doctor visits have been accompanied by just as many adventurous bedtime stories, infectious bouts of laughter, sweet kisses, cute pictures and fun playtime.
Without question, we know that we need our children as much as our children need us. Parenthood is a refining process that functions as a constant invitation to be, in the words of Peter, "partakers of the divine nature," and therefore to become like our Heavenly Father.
We're grateful.
3 comments:
So cute! Wise words- which I need today as we go through some bouts of screaming :)
Also... I thought she was only turning four, but to look at the cake I think she must be turning 15. Wow, a teenager already huh?
The first four candles are for Lucy. the other side has two and nine candles for the old man.
Great words of wisdom to remember! Happy Birthday to both of you!
Post a Comment