Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Library Next Door

Our neighbor across the street, a kindly 60-something cat lady with solar panels on her roof, has a mini library in her front yard. The idea is to bring a book to add to the library, and then take a book you want to read.


We have visited this library twice since we moved in. The book selection so far is marginal (Lucy chose a series of books the first time that we soon learned were about spoiled teenage girls aspiring to be fashion models — as if I'm going to indoctrinate my firstborn with such literary twinkies).

But the idea is to promote literacy for children and adults, and I certainly respect that.

You can start your own library by visiting littlefreelibrary.org.

Reading Dr. Seuss to Lucy, November 2, 2010.

Erudite Emmeline surveys the colorful depths of Pinkalicious on November 15, 2014.

1 comment:

Sister Ginger Cannon said...

Books and reading is a favorite thing to me. I'm glad you encourage that! Love those girls!