Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Member of the Family

It's finally here! My new Brother 6000 computerized sewing machine of awesomeness. After months of deliberating how much I could spend, which model to buy, and then waiting for my order to arrive at the store, last Tuesday I was able to pick it up.

And here it is in all it's glory. Isn't it pretty?


It even came with a hard traveling cover, quilting table, and many different needles and feet.


It has 59 different decorative stitches and button holes. I've already tried several and can't wait to use them on a project.


I'm so glad I went with the computerized version. I was nervous since I've only ever used mechanical machines. But there are only slight differences - in stead of dials, switches and knobs, it has buttons and an LCD screen. :) It has a foot-free mode, which is nice since Lucy attacks anything on the floor. And it is surprisingly quiet. I bet I can even sew while Lucy's sleeping. Now all I need to do is save money for fabric so I can actually sew something.

I'd like to thank my beautiful and generous momma for making this purchase possible by sharing her inheritance. And my lovely and talented Grandma DeLaMare for the inspiration to sew, crochet and create.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY for sewing machines! Congratulations. ^_^

Sister Ginger Cannon said...

Missy, it looks beautiful! I will have to come and borrow yours now. I am glad you are trying it out. I'll send down some extra fabric and patterns I have if you want!

Than & Lina said...

How exciting! I keep putting off my sewing projects because I don't want to wake Anika...

Austin and Abrielle said...

I LOVE IT!