Friday, June 11, 2010

I will essplain... no, there is too much. I will sum up.

The move to Bountiful went well, thanks to both of our wonderful parents and a few other helpers (a BIG thank you to Angie, Samantha, the boys, Sofie, Kimi, Emily, Ben, Rachel, TJ, and uncle Kim - for offering even though we didn't need him after all.) That would have been one full Uhaul had we not had our car, my parents car, and Craig's minivan.


We DID have a deja vu moment when we arrived which reminded us of when we arrived in Cedar City - the door was locked when they said it would be open and the apartment was not entirely clean like they promised. At least this time some of it was clean instead of the whole place being filthy, our manager wasn't out of town, and the utilities were on. So all around, it was a much better experience than last time.

Lucy enjoys exploring her new surroundings and doesn't seem to be too bothered by the move. Sammy started his internship on Monday and has enjoyed it so far. I am liking our place a lot more than I thought I would, though I do miss our Cedar neighbors and ward. We were able to go to our new ward on Sunday and it seems nice, however large. Hopefully we will feel at home soon.

We took advantage of our new location on Sunday and drove to Temple Square again. This time we remembered the stroller and there wasn't any construction, so it was much quieter. We went to see the new temple model in the South Visitor's Center. It was very well done with several places I've never seen before. - Everyone go see it when you get the chance.


I made Lucy wear her hat. She got a lot of comments from the sister missionaries about her cute dress and matching hat.


We are still getting used to our new schedule and home and hard tap water (how do you SLC people survive?) but love being close to family. It gets pretty lonely with Sammy having to work so much. We love visitors so don't hesitate to give us a call if you're in the area!

Love,
M and S

* * *
PS: Yes, that was the dugway and yes, that was an easy one. The crepe shop Ruthie and Lina asked about forever ago was called Lunaberry and it is at about 350 South 700 East in Salt Lake.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lunaberry! I shall add it to somewhere to try and remember to try it out. ^_^ I'm glad the move went well. How do you like Bountiful as opposed to Cedar or Logan?