I think Lucy is able to recognize herself in pictures now. I was looking at our blog and she looked at the pictures and then nodded hit her belly knowingly. What a smarty. Here are a few of the cute things she does.
She doesn't say any words beyond "Dada and Mama" so we use a little sign language including: 'more', 'read', 'book', 'bottle', 'help', 'ball', 'smelly' and 'all done' (which is pulling at her bib). She also hits her belly and points into the air but we aren't sure what that means yet.
When daddy comes home from work she'll immediately run to him and give him a book to read to her.
She called Grandma on mommy's cell phone all by herself. Right in front of me too, to be fair HER phone looks exactly like mine. She'll hold the phone up to her ear, walk around and jabber at herself.
When I say, "Let's change your diaper," she'll stop what she's doing and walk into her room, but then won't let me change her.
She loves to walk back and forth over the dip in our sidewalk and giggles when she almost falls.
If I won't read her a book she'll read it to herself, along with the actions and turning the pages.
She loves shoes, especially ours.
When I show her her shoes, she'll sit down and wait for me to put her shoes on.
She loves finding her belly button and will pull at our shirts until we show her ours.
She understands a lot of what we say to her now and gets really excited when I ask her if she wants some lunch.
3 comments:
I love when you finally realize that they are understanding you. It's a great feeling. Parker loves our shoes as well. Cute little gal!
Fun pictures Missy! I love seeing what Lucy is doing!
She sounds so fun. I wish we could get together more. Funny how kids have so much personality!
Post a Comment