This is the dress Grandma C. made for Christmas. All the granddaughters got one in similar designs in the ladybug print. We didn't get a picture with all of them together since they were never all together, but here's hoping for next year.
My grandmother had a tradition of making all the granddaughters Christmas dresses each year. It was no small task since there were 21 of us at one point (I think, did I get everybody?). I know I wasn't nearly as appreciative of the work she put into them as I should have been, but I really did love getting something "made especially for me".

My mother only has 4 granddaughters right now and she isn't planning on taking the tradition to the extreme it got, but I sure appreciate the adorable little dress my mother made
especially for Lucy.
My mother only has 4 granddaughters right now and she isn't planning on taking the tradition to the extreme it got, but I sure appreciate the adorable little dress my mother made
especially for Lucy.
2 comments:
:) I love that your mom did this! So, neat!
Grandma DLM Jr. :)
Post a Comment