Sunday, January 15, 2012

A New Year

We rang in the 2012 a little differently than we had planned. Sammy got sick just before Christmas, Lucy about the 29th and me the 3oth. So we spent the night incessantly blowing our noses. Thanks to Instacare we all (eventually) got on antibiotics and finally got better this week. I was just really bummed about missing my family's epic game night in Logan. I guess it's good for someone ELSE to win at Frustration once in a while.

We have really been enjoying our Lucy this week. When she was sick she got very clingy and compounded with being spoiled over
Christmas with attention and presents and sweets, she wasn't a very pleasant 2-year-old to deal with. But we've finally gained the upper hand in discipline and that makes all the difference.

Some proof of her divine cuteness are some quotes from the past month or two.


(Lucy walking around eating a cracker)

Me: "Ahh! Lucy, are you going to drop crumbies all over the floor?"

Lucy: "Oh, yeah!"


Lucy: (Pointing to the bottle I had just taken two pills from) "Some!"

Me: "No, this is medicine. These are for daddy because he is sick."

Lucy: (following me) "I sick. I sick!"


(reading a book about Jesus)

Lucy: "Jesus dress."

Me: "No, that's a robe."

Lucy: "Jesus dress!"

Me: "No, robe."

Lucy: (nodding to herself) "...dress."


Lucy: "Bucket fall down!"

(Ring-Around-the-Rosie)

Lucy: "Pocket book!"

(There's a Wocket in my Pocket, Dr. Seuss.)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks for all the quotes- I was laughing out loud! What a cutie. We missed you too at the games, but that's probably where I got sick so maybe it wasn't such a good thing...

AJ and Cindy said...

I'm so sorry you guys were so sick :( that sounds dreadful :( and Lucy sounds like she is quite the character these days. We miss her. Let's play soon.

Sister Ginger Cannon said...

Fun quotes Missy! She is at a fun age!

Unknown said...

hahaha ohhhh lucy haha she won't be convinced of anything until she decides to be ;) i LOVE that girl. Glad we're all finally starting to be over the cannon plague.