Lucy's binkies got broken about a week ago, and so far it's been... Ok.
We had been meaning to go "binkie-less" for a few months now, but I resisted on the fact that Lucy has slept soooo well since 10 months old. We had decided that we'd take the binkies away after Christmas but then we all got sick and then I procrastinated for a few more weeks. One night I finally cut them up.
She was a little concerned at first and kept showing them to me saying, "New binkie, new binkie!" But the first night went surprisingly well and I thought, "This is going to be easier than I thought." Coincidentally that was also my thought after my epidural 2 and a half years ago. In both instances I was wrong.
The first few days were slightly perilous as we tried to keep our same routine and failed. I've changed our schedule a little and it seems to be working mostly. We just can't count on Lucy sleeping during her nap anymore. I guess it was bound to happen eventually. She still has her quiet time to play in her room even if she doesn't sleep, and we have to give up a part of our evening to waiting out the, "I'M NOT TIRED I DON'T WANT TO SLEEP!" tantrum.
Well, another challenge nearly passed. Up Next: Switching to a toddler bed. Eek!
1 comment:
Good for you! Is she totally binki free now? At least she stil has her blankie right? Good luck! she is growing up!
Post a Comment