So, last Sunday we dropped Lucy off at my mom's and took off to St. George.
For the first 2 nights this is the view from our beautiful (4th floor) hotel room. Believe it or not but I took this photo. I am actually half holding onto the wall with arm and the other is stuck out in front of me as far as it would go.
This is a zoomed-in photo of the pool. Yes, that is a little waterfall going into the pool.
We found out that St. George has just as much as an obsession with bronze statues as Cedar City. We walked by this one several times and as a mother of a toddler, I kept thinking that one of these times we were going to walk by and see one of the children on the ground crying.
Tuesday we went to Sand Hollow reservoir in Hurricane.
It was a beautiful, sunny day but pretty windy and the water was freezing so we just enjoyed the sun and read our books.
I could also mention that the beach left a little something to be desired. There were two large dead fish on each side of us and many inch-long fish scattered around.
Wednesday morning we went to the Dinosaur Discovery Museum at Johnson's Farm.
Sooo cool. Well, at least to me. :)Here is Sammy pretending to be interested in the largest single slab of sandstone containing several species of dinosaur tracks and tail drags in the Northern Hemisphere (or something like that).
They had tracks, skin impressions, tail drags, AND (one of only a hand-full of) a sitting dinosaur impression. You have to admit, that's cool!
3 comments:
I am loving that you're blogging about your trip, can't wait to read more. so far it sounds wonderful, so glad you got to go!
Sounds great! So glad you got away before #2 :)
haha- someday I hope one of my "sitting impression" bum prints will be displayed in a museum :)
Post a Comment