My lovely friend, Cindy, posted a Summer Bucket List that she'd like to do with her family this summer. I happened to read it one morning while Lucy was watching a movie and I was in between reading blogs and watching my own show on my computer. I was not so subtly nudged within by how we might waste yet another day in front of a screen.
So, I've created my own Summer Bucket List that I'd like to do with family, friends or just myself and very few involve my laptop.
With Lucy:
Go to the aquarium
Go to the zoo
Swim at the rec center
Go to a splash pad
Go to a firework show
Make playdough (I've wanted to do this for months, but never remember to buy more salt)
Get books at the library at least once a month (We haven't been for months due to Lucy's embarrassing tantrum last time. But I'm committed to trying.)
Have a picnic on the lawn
Finally let Lucy paint (I know, I have a problem with messes)
By Myself:
Make Lucy a summer dress
Learn something new
Keep up with Art Therapy Blog (this only slightly involves my laptop...)
Organize my recipe collection (soooo needed)
Make lots of bowties OR more hair bows
Make a book of Lucy's first 3 years
Complete a "Quilts for Kids"
With the Whom Ever:
Have a sewing party
Make S'mores! (repeat)
Go to Juicy Berry (repeat)
These lists keep getting longer and I know the longer they get the less likely it is that I'll accomplish everything, so I think I better leave them like this. I tend to over plan when I start making lists.
Here's to Summer!
6 comments:
what a fun list! We want to do those fun things with you ,too :)
Count me in for Juicy Berry and S'mores! over and over and over again ;)
I am not familiar with Juicy Berry, but you know I am crazy about s'mores - especially of the cul-de-sac variety! Let's do it!!!
Sounds fun. Maybe I'll have to try that. Too bad we weren't closer or I'd love to join in! Maybe...
Sounds sew fun! If kids will go with us, we are thinking we should get a season pass to the zoo.
Sounds like lots of fun! We'd love to share in some of these things with you:)
Post a Comment