Lucy turns 5 today. The video below shows some of her gifts and celebration. You should know that Missy made the cake, and the music comes from the 1969 Soviet animated film called "Gena the Crocodile." (See a translation below the video.) Why Soviet-era music? Because it's about birthdays and it's cool, man.
On one rainy day, which happens to be his birthday, Gena sings this song:
Never mind that the clumsy pedestrians jump over rain puddles and that the water streams down the street.
And never mind that the passers-by can't make sense of why is it that I'm so happy on such a dreary day.
Yet I'm playing my accordion in front of everyone on the street.
It's so sad that a birthday only happens once a year.
A wizard will suddenly appear in a blue helicopter and show me free movies.
He'll say Happy Birthday and just before he flies away he'll probably leave me 500 ice cream cones.
Yet I'm playing my accordion in front of everyone on the street.
It's so sad that a birthday only happens once a year.
1 comment:
Fun "snapshots" of the birthday! I especially love Emme watching in the background!
Post a Comment