| Emmy expresses joy with her new princess balloon. |
Our youngest turned 3 today, causing me to pause in wonder at the swift speed of life. As so many have said before, where does the time go?
I'm grateful for today and for an employer with the flexibility to allow me to be present during life's most important moments.
Interestingly (and this is another proof that God is involved in the details of our lives, even speaking to us through the world's best books), I encounter this marvelous poem in "Don Quixote" tonight:
If my “was” would be an “is,”
not waiting for a “will be,”
or if at last the time would come
when later is now and here…
What I ask is the impossible,
for there is no force on earth
that has the power to turn
back time that has passed us by,
to bring back what once was ours.
for there is no force on earth
that has the power to turn
back time that has passed us by,
to bring back what once was ours.
Time races, it flies, it charges
past, and will never return,
and only a fool would beg
a halt, or if the time would pass,
or if at last the time would come.
past, and will never return,
and only a fool would beg
a halt, or if the time would pass,
or if at last the time would come.
1 comment:
Thank you for posting all those birthday events! I loved being part of it all. I can't believe how well Emmy talks and sings now!
Post a Comment