Autumn has come back around - beautiful leaves, calm weather and boxelder bugs.
Last year was the worst they've been in a long time, according to my knowledgeable Orkin Man, Dave (yes, we are on a first-name basis). I've come to know a few things about these little creatures who've taken it upon themselves to habit my office 7 out of 12 months. They are attracted to sunny sides of buildings when the weather begins to cool, they have a sucking tube thingy like a butterfly that is kept tucked under their belly when not in use, and they can squeeze through a hole the thickness of a piece of paper.
Dave comes by every three weeks to check the four sticky traps he has placed on my window sills. I usually just let the traps do their job, but if I come across a bug on my computer or if one flies into my hair I take it upon myself to escort that bug directly into a trap. I keep telling myself that there are worse bugs that could infest my office and for the most part they don't bother me too much. It is just awfully embarrassing when someone comes into my office for something and they are attacked by the other occupants of my office.
4 comments:
Wow. All you could ever want to know about a bug. Too bad they attack your visitors... maybe they should make a movie out of this... Bugs in an Office!
I agree...it could make a funny movie. You should have someone take a video from your camera when an unsuspecting visitor graces your office.
Hey, I know! You should move down here to Utah Valley. I haven't seen a single box elder bug yet this year.
and all I can say about this one is, gross.
Post a Comment