Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another Milestone


Little Miss Lucy Bell is 9 months old today.


This past week she learned three new tricks. She can now clap, climb up to furniture, and side-step along the furniture. Her favorite is the climbing. She climbs everything in hopes it will help her to stand, like her stuffed animals, her diaper bag, and any furniture with decent handholds. Unfortunately, she tries to climb out of the bathtub as well. (Any advice for that one? I can't do my regular discipline routine, either because she's not clean yet or I need to dry her off and get a new diaper on.)


She can say, "Dada, dad, hi dad and Ba (everything else)." She will say, "Mama" but only when she is upset. She is generally a very happy baby but also getting quite good at her tantrums and insta-tears.

Her favorite toys are the DVDs, her blankey, and daddy. He still gets the best giggles and smiles out of her. Quite often, if he finishes dinner before her, she won't finish hers since she's too busy looking at daddy and waiting for him to do something funny.


She is often looking or acting so cute I just have to pick her up and squeeze her. I thank our Heavenly Father everyday for this adorable, happy, healthy baby of ours.



4 comments:

Than & Lina said...

I can't believe she is 9 months old! What a cute girl. What is your regular discipline routine by the way?

Amber said...

I'm interested in your discipline routine too...LOL. She is adorable! I love her army crawl in the video! Sorry, no suggestions on the bath tub situation. That happens to Parker too, he rolls over & tries to crawl in the tub as well. I bathe him in the kitchen sink now until I figure out how he'll listen to me when I say, "NO!"

Melissa Hislop said...

I use Love and Logic by Jim Fay and Foster Cline, well, I try. It works really well for my nephew and it has such great principles.

Sarah said...

Her crawl is so funny. She has one of the cutest little faces, hands down!