Thursday, May 6, 2010

'Home' Work

Today I realized something:

I make homemade bread at least monthly.
I cannot watch a movie without also folding laundry, sewing, or crocheting.
I use my food storage (well, a little).
I've made my little girl a dress on my very own sewing machine.
I get embarrassed when my front steps are dirty.
I darn socks and sew buttons.
I constantly think there's a better way to clean/organize/decorate something, I just need to figure out what it is.
I cut my husband's hair, and am pretty good at it... now.
I'm disappointed with myself when I don't have a treat to offer my home teachers.
I always make a list for the grocery store (though I don't always remember to bring it).
I read homemaking magazines. (Thanks, Nancy!)
I can make or warm a bottle with on hand.
I cut coupons and often can't resist a discount.

I cook, wash, sort, comfort, fold, stir, sew, pick up, rinse, sweep, wipe, bake, empty, replenish, disinfect, mend, hug and love.


Yes, I have been domesticated.

My job is 24-7 with no pay, no insurance benefits and one I’ll have for the rest of my life. It may not always be what I want to be doing but I’m beginning to understand what it means to live out your life in the service of others. I have to step back sometimes and think if there is any other place in the world that I'd rather be and the answer is "no".


Who could resist taking care of this little one?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That was sweet Missy:) Domestication can be a lot more fun then we thought it would be. You're awesome!

Amber said...

And now you know why I want to be at home with my little guy...there's no other place I would rather be either. :) 24-7 work, yes, but I was pretty much doing that while working away from the home too. I worked while he slept, & took care of him while he was awake. Now I get to sleep & wake with him every moment of the day. I'm glad you love being a stay at home mom!