I read these "Truu Mom Confessions" by Romi Lassally and "Mad About Mom" in the Reader's Digest this month and had to share them for Mother's Day:
"I told my kids to leave me alone so I could finish reading a book on how to be a better parent."
(Condensed) One evening, my five-year-old son noticed his mother had gone out. In answer to his questions, I told him, "Mommy is at a Tupperware party." Puzzled, he asked, "What's a Tupperware party, Dad?" I've always given my son honest answers, so I figured a simple explanation would be the best approach. "Well," I said, "at a Tupperware party, a bunch of ladies sit around and sell plastic bowls to each other." Brian nodded, indicating that he understood this curious pastime, then burst into laughter. "Come on, Dad," he said. "What is it really?" -- Contributed by Kenneth W. Holmes
"My son knows he' not allowed downstairs until 8 am. Reason? He's been told that between 6 and 8 am, Mommy's fighting the monster that lives in the laundry basket."
Aunt Karen is the mother of two high-spirited young girls. When I called her one morning, our conversation was constantly interrupted by the din of kids screaming and chasing each other. "Could you hold on for a moment?" my aunt finally asked, putting down the phone. Within ten seconds all I could hear was absolute silence. Then, "Okay, I'm back." "But it's so quiet!" I exclaimed. "You must have complete control over those two." "Not really," my aunt confessed wearily. "I'm in the closet." -- Contributed by Steve Brundage
"I haven't taught my kids to tell time yet... that way I can say it's bedtime whenever I want."
"While waiting in a bookstore for a guest author to sign her latest book, I leafed through some of the Civil War novels she had written. The woman in line behind me commented, 'Those are the best books I've ever read. I couldn't put them down.' Before I could reply, the author looked over and said, 'Oh, cut it out, Mom!'" -- Contributed by Marilyn Kopp
And my favorite:
"I was eating a pint of Haagen Das ice cream. When my 3-year-old asked what it was, I told her it was special medicine for mommies because I didn't want to share."
Happy Mother's Day Tomorrow!
1 comment:
Lol. Thanks for sharing those! When I had bad morning sickness for a while all I wanted to drink was Gatorade. When TJ asked what it was I told him it was "Mommy's owie juice" because I didn't want to share:)
Post a Comment