Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day Trip

Last Friday we all took a trip to Salt Lake and spent some time on Temple Square. There was a lot of construction going on in the street, the ground crews were getting ready to replace the tulips, plus a storm was coming in and it was very windy. It wasn't very peaceful but we still enjoyed the beautiful grounds.

Lucy insisted on holding my phone as we patiently waited for a call from daddy. At least she isn't sucking on it.


I think the Salt Lake Temple is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world. What that group of ragged, determined pioneers accomplished is a master piece as well as a sacred link from heaven to earth. I've only been inside a few times for different reasons but it was my Grandma DeLaMare's favorite place as well as my own.


After temple square we picked up Kimi from work and met Adam at a tasty crepe shop for a late lunch/early dinner before heading back home. I forgot the name of the place, but I highly recommend it for crepe lovers.

We drove a total of
7 hours - it even took a little longer since we hit rush hour traffic but Lucy was a good sport, most of the ride. Thank goodness for the carpool lane or it would've taken much longer.


Bye bye Salt Lake, we hope to see you soon! We just wish it didn't take so long to get there.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Goodness that's a long drive for one day, you've got a great child on your hands to do that.

Unknown said...

Oooh, I want to know that crepe place's name! I adore a good crepe. Also, Grandma DeLaMare would beam at reading your blog. ^_^

Than & Lina said...

Where is the crepe shop?