Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Announcements

First of all: Lucy turned 10 months old yesterday! One of her new favorite things to do is clap to see who will clap with her, especially at the dinner table.

Second: Little Lucy finally has a
tooth! After much weeping and wailing and gnashing of... gums, last week a little toofie appeared, finally. After 7 months of teething she has something to show for it. She's still cranky sometimes so she's probably got another one on it's way. Luckily she's in a liking-the-binkie phase which helps when we're in public.


Third: We took another trip to Logan. We actually remembered to bring the camera and take pictures. We got to see family,




see my parent's beautiful apple tree blossoms (it looks like snow, huh),


attend the temple while my mother watched Lucy (thanks momma!),
attend the wedding reception of a good friend of mine, AND because we needed to look for an apartment.

YES
, that's right, we are moving to the Salt Lake area for Sammy to take an internship with the church's PR Department. It took us a while to find a good place with all of our requirements. It isn't the
best place, but it will do. At least it's in a good location, right by a park.

This is the view from our apartment. Yes, that's a temple and green mountains. I've really missed green. There isn't much down here.


We are sad to be leaving Cedar City, our cheap apartment, and especially our ward and callings. I have to miss Girls' Camp (I know mom, I actually wanted to go). But we will probably be back in December since the internship is only for 4-6 months. Hopefully we'll be able to get another apartment in our same ward, though I won't get to keep my calling as the YW Secretary. :(

This is a picture of our very beautiful, historical chapel. I won't miss its hard benches, but it is quite an interesting church.



But we are very happy to be closer to family and for the great opportunity to work for the church. We don't know how long we will stay, so we might have to pick up and move again in 6 months but we'll enjoy the time we'll have.

We love you all!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, Lucy has a tooth! That is so great! Hopefully they start snowballing to get it over with. Parker has 8 & I think he's working on his 1 year molars, which are by far the WORST teething experience thus far. Good luck!

Than & Lina said...

Hooray for SLC! When will you be there? We'll have to get together.