Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Birthday

I happened to have a birthday recently and a wonderful one at that. Sammy took off work and we spend the whole day together.

We carved pumpkins while Lucy was taking her nap. (I know, we probably should have let her in on the fun but she didn't seem to care either way.) It's something we haven't always done and I've regretted it. Although I forgot how messy it gets!


We picked out our pumpkins that morning when the prices when down, but we had to dig through all the big pumpkins to get to the small ones on the bottom.


The finished products: Mine is titled, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" and Sammy's says, "Romney 2012" (ask us why we are voting for him) ;)


That night my lovely sister, Emily, was nice enough to watch Lucy for us so Sammy and I could go to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was good, but I think I was a little overwhelmed by the length of the menu. Really? 16 pages?

To top off the night we had some of my birthday cake, courtesy of Baskin Robbins, and watched a favorite movie of mine, The Emperor's New Groove. You wouldn't believe how many of my family's favorite quotes come from that movie.


Can I have another birthday again soon? How about every two months?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the pumpkins! Both really clever!

Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was so wonderful:)

Than & Lina said...

It sounds like a good birthday - I'm happy for you.
Why are you voting for Romney? :)